Bronx Zoo Birthday Parties
||Xsl file could not be processed: /xsl/flash_media_player.xslt
Give your child the once-in-a-lifetime birthday adventure. Children, ages 1 to 12, will enjoy a festive celebration in a private room with Zoo staff to run the party for you. Guests experience up-close visits from some of our favorite animal guests; participate in party activities and games; and explore the amazing Congo Gorilla Forest exhibit with our expert education staff as their guides. It’s a junior safari not to be missed!
Birthday parties are available on Saturdays and Sundays from 10:30 AM-12:30 PM or 2:00-4:00 PM.
Your 2-Hour Party Includes
- Fully decorated, private party room located in the Congo Gorilla Forest exhibit
- Party coordinator to plan your child’s party
- Education staff to facilitate age appropriate activities in the party room; lead a safari exploration through the Congo Gorilla Forest; and set-up and clean-up
- Animal guests for participants to meet privately and up-close in the party room
- Birthday cake from Artuso Pastry Shop, located in the Little Italy section of the Bronx.*
- Admission to the Bronx Zoo for all party guests for the entire day. Parking is not included.
- Goody bags for the children and a special gift bag for the birthday child
- All serving and tableware
*Beverages, food, and snacks are not included. Please inquire about the Bronx Zoo’s approved vendor list for convenient, local food delivery from the Little Italy section of the Bronx. Hot food, heroes, and pizza are all available. Parents are permitted to provide their own food; however, the party room does not provide amenities for heating or refrigeration. Food must be transported and served at room temperature.
- Up to 15 guests*
Member $950; Regular $1,050 (up to 8 goody bags included)
- 16-30 guests*
Member $1,600; Regular $1,750 (up to 15 goody bags included)
- 31-50 guests*
Member $2,400; Regular $2,600 (up to 25 goody bags included)
*Guest Count Policies
Guest count must include all children and adults in attendance at the party. The party family is included in the final count
For children ages 1-3, one adult is required to accompany each child (1:1 ratio).
For children ages 4-12, one adult for every 10 children is required (1:10 ratio).
For accompanying guests that will not be in attendance at the party but, wish to walk around while the party takes place, admission tickets can be purchased at any Zoo entrance on the day of the party or in advance on the Bronx Zoo website.
- Additional birthday child fee, $60.00/child (for twins, triplets, and multiple sibling celebrations)
- Additional goody bags for children, $12.00/bag
- Parking, please inquire if interested in pre-paying for passes
Contact the Bronx Zoo Education Department at firstname.lastname@example.org or (718) 220-5132, Monday through Friday from 9:00 AM-5:00 PM.
- Parties cannot be scheduled less than four weeks in advance.
- Space is limited. We highly recommend registering far in advance, especially for fall, spring, and summer birthday parties.
The Wildlife Conservation Society offers different style parties from simple to sensational at the Bronx Zoo, Central Park Zoo, Prospect Park Zoo, and Queens Zoo. For more information about our other facilities, visit Zoo Birthday Parties now!
Bronx Zoo Birthday Party Policies
- A $500 non-refundable deposit is required at time of party registration to secure the party date and time.
- The final payment is due a month from the party date. If you book the party within a month of the date, the full amount will be due at to reserve the spot.
- Under no circumstances will parties be offered without full payment.
- There is no refund for cancellations made less than 4 weeks prior to the program date. All cancellations must be submitted in writing to email@example.com. Phone cancellations will not be accepted. The $500 deposit is non-refundable.
- There will be a $100 service charge for each change made to the original registration. Requests for changes to the registration cannot be made less than 4 weeks prior to the scheduled date of the party.
- Parties are held rain, snow or shine. In case of extreme weather conditions, please check your email for a cancellation notice. A full refund will be issued for programs cancelled due to extreme weather.
- Due to a very full schedule, parties may not be extended for late arriving guests beyond the scheduled end time. Education staff will provide the party experience in the scheduled time frame.
- Please review and share the information provided by the Party Coordinator on how to locate the Zoo and the specific party meeting location in advance for prompt arrival on the date of the party.
- Additional directions to the Zoo and a copy of the Zoo Map are available online at www.bronxzoo.com.
- All birthday parties are held rain or shine and regardless of inclement weather conditions.
- Please encourage guests to dress appropriately for a day at the Zoo.