Registration Opens January 22, 2020!
WCS Education Camp Principles of Excellence:
- Create a welcoming, fun and safe camp experience for all
- Foster curiosity, scientific inquiry, and critical thinking
- Instill an appreciation and connection to local and global wildlife and wild places
- Spend at least half of camp time outside the classroom
- Inspire all to take conservation action
Most camps are week-long, run Monday - Friday, 9:00 a.m. - 3:00 p.m. and include:
- Daily explorations of our exciting Central Park Zoo exhibits
- Daily encounters with some of our animal ambassadors
- Science and learning investigations inside the classroom and out and about in nature
- Fun games that foster a love of wildlife and science discoveries
- Nature inspired art projects
- Summer Camp T-Shirt
Highlights from Caregivers
95% of camp caregivers rated WCS Education camps as Superior or Excellent
"Having the opportunity to be up close with all of the animals. He came home talking about it each day!"
"She especially loved the up-close encounters with the animals and feeling that she got to know several species well."